Our rules are in place for your safety and the safety of your children and other skaters.
1. Please do NOT carry children while wearing skates. This is very important! Picking up a child while on skates (even for well seasoned skaters) can be very dangerous as it only takes a bump from someone else or slip to cause a fall. Please kneel down to hold or console an upset child until they are willing to move off the floor or skate again, our floor guard is there to assist you.
2. You must be wearing skates to be on the skating floor, we do not allow anyone to walk on the floor in their socks or street shoes.
3. If you bring your own skates, they must be well maintained, clean and free of debris and not have any protruding parts that may cause harm or scratch our floor.
4. Backwards skating is not permitted during all skates. On some occasions, the floor guard may allow it as long as it is safe for other skaters. Our regular sessions include both a regular direction and reverse direction backwards skate.
5. No Racing (unless during races), Playing Tag, Throwing Hats (or other objects) on the skating floor.
6. No skating in the center, through the center or between the poles. This is for safety purposes, the occasional going around a pole to avoid running into another skater is understandable, however skaters who are skating fast and frequently cutting corners or skating directly through center to the other side is not permitted.
7. No outside food or beverages are permitted; please see our snack bar menu to the right.
8. ALL food and drink must stay in the Snack Bar area, away from the skating floor.
9. Skaters are to abide by all rules and safety precautions:
(A) Maintain reasonable control of his speed and course at all times;
(B) Heed all posted signs and warnings;
(C) Maintain a proper outlook to avoid other roller skaters and objects;
(D) Accept the responsibility for knowing the range of his own ability to negotiate the intended direction of travel while on roller skates and to skate within the limits of that ability;
(E) Refrain from acting in a manner that may cause or contribute to the injury of himself or any other person.
10. Mobile devices are not permitted on the skating floor. If you insist to have your phone, camera or other device on you while you are skating, we are not responsible for any damage or destruction of the item that may result while skating. Like when driving, texting or listening to music with earphones or headphones while skating can distract you from other skaters around you and prevent you from hearing session announcements which can be a safety hazard to you and other skaters. If your item is dropped and/or shatters into pieces on the floor, we will have to clear the floor to clean up the pieces delaying everyone’s skating fun.
11. Free Passes – EXPIRED FREE PASSES are NOT ACCEPTED FOR ANY SKATING SESSION. Valid FREE PASSES are only valid during our regular scheduled sessions, and are not valid on SPECIAL EVENT SKATES such as New Year’s Eve, President’s Day, Halloween Costume Skate, Black Out Skates, etc…